Combine all ingredients. Mix well and spoon in small jars.
Makes 3/4 cup. Use to season chicken, vegetables or meat
Chicken with Herbs de Provence
1. Mix 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2. Juice and zest of one fresh lemon
3. 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
4. Salt and pepper to taste
5. Add 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts to mixture and let marinade for at least one hour.
6. Grill or bake chicken until well done.
Makes: 6 cups
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon dried lavender bUDS stripped from stems
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
Lavender sprigs for garnish
1. Combine sugar with 2 1/2 cups water in a medium pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add the lavender blooms to the sugar water, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand at least 20 minutes (and up to several hours).
3. Strain mixture and discard lavender. Pour infusion into a glass pitcher. Add lemon juice and another 21/2 cups water. Stir well and watch lemonade change color.
4. Pour into tall glasses half-filled with ice or refrigerate until ready to use.